Program Assistant- ADS Adult Day Services
Make a difference by serving others! Landis Adult Day Services ADS is looking for a Program Assistant to join our team. This individual would have experience in assisting clients with personal care needs and activities of daily living ADLs, as well as experience with dementia. This person is also creative with a friendly personality who has a strong interest in crafts or recreational activities.
- PRN- As needed/ as available
- Part time Benefit Level- Day shift- 64 hours bi-weekly
Benefits for staff working more than 24 hours per week Include:
- First Day Dental, Vision, & Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool
- Access to our employee health center- Meadowview Health. Which provides vaccinations, physicals, wellness/sick visits, and can act as a primary care provider to ALL full and part time staff with no co-pays, regardless of their health insurance plan.
- NO weekend or holiday shifts
Position Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and leading individual and group activities which provide recreational and educational activities, socialization, exercise, and opportunities to express creativity and fulfill basic psychosocial needs.
- Assists clients with personal care needs and activities of daily living ADLs.
- Serves and assists clients with meals and snacks.
- Takes temperature, monitors pulse, measures respirations, blood pressure, height and weight as requested.
- Supervises and ensures safety of clients while at the center.
- Assists clients to access appropriate transportation.
- Observes clients and reports changes to the Director of Adult Day Services or ADS Nurse.
- Assists clients when participating in the swim program in the pool.
Position Essential Duties:
- Relates well with residents, clients, family members, staff and the community.
- Participates in ongoing dementia care education through in-services, videos and reading.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
- Adheres to compliance policies regarding confidentiality, HIPAA regulations
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience in related role involving hands on patient/client care and dementia care experience preferred.
- Has interest in crafts and/or recreational activities.
- Demonstrates a pleasant personality with flexibility and adaptability for frequent interruptions.
- Must complete Landis Homes' training for care of persons with memory loss
- COVID-19 Vaccination exemption requests considered