Program Assistant- ADS Adult Day Services
- Day shift - 36-40 hours bi-weekly
- Day shift- 64 hours bi-weekly
* PRN - as needed/as available hours also available.
- NO weekends or Holidays!
- First day medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Vacation time available at 3 months of employment and it accrues on a bi-weekly basis
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool
- FREE visits to our employee health center- Meadowview Health. Which provides vaccinations, physicals, wellness/sick visits, and can act as a primary care provider to most full and part time staff regardless of their health insurance plans.
Position Essential Responsibilities:
- Assists in planning and leading individual and group activities which provide recreational and educational activities, socialization, exercise, and opportunities to express creativity and fulfill basic psychosocial needs.
- Assists clients with personal care needs such as bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, eating, mobility, and more.
- Serves and assists clients with meals and snacks.
- Takes temperature, monitors pulse, measures respirations, blood pressure, height and weight as requested.
- Supervises and ensures safety of clients while at the center.
- Assists clients to access appropriate transportation.
- Observes clients and reports changes to the Director of Adult Day Services or ADS Nurse.
- Assists clients when participating in the swim program in the pool.
Position Essential Duties:
- Relates well with residents, clients, family members, staff and the community.
- Participates in ongoing dementia care education through in-services, videos and reading.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
- Adheres to compliance policies regarding confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience in related role involving hands on patient/client care and dementia care experience preferred.
- Has interest in crafts and/or recreational activities.
- Demonstrates a pleasant personality with flexibility and adaptability for frequent interruptions.
- Must complete Landis Homes' training for care of persons with memory loss
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.