We are looking for an experienced bus driver to join our Campus Services Team!
PRN- as needed/ as available
The bus driver will provide transportation, primarily to Residential Living residents, to and from scheduled events.
- Valid CDL driver's license with a "P" endorsement required.
- Minimum 3 years of safe motor vehicle operation required.
- Possesses strong customer service orientation and is a team player.
- Proficient in use of computer and related technology required for the role.
- Possesses good verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
Position Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provides transportation services primarily for Residential Living, however may transport other campus residents or provide service for campus related activities.
- Safely operates buses as needed for resident trips, obeys state driving laws and is personally responsible for any traffic tickets or driving violations.
- Assists caregiving staff with wheelchair escort service for clients on designated bus trips.
- Maintains clean, safe vehicles by completing the Pre-Trip Vehicle Checklist and Post-Trip Vehicle Checklist.
- Transports groceries for the General Store, as needed.
- Submits to physical examinations and random drug and/or alcohol testing as required by the PA Department of Transportation.
- Reports mechanical problems to the Director of Campus Safety & Transportation or Maintenance Department.
- Demonstrates initiative, strong organizational skills, and able to perform duties without close supervision.
- Carries a Landis Homes or personal cell phone on all trips to maintain contact with Landis Homes and for communicating emergencies or other needs.
- Knows and follows developed procedures in case of vehicle accident, including reporting for post-accident drug and alcohol testing.
- Communicates emergency situations to 911 and necessary emergency response teams. Reports situations involving emergency response and/or safety concerns to identified Landis Homes' team members.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
Apply to join our team today!
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.