Campus Safety Assistant
We are looking for qualified individuals to join our Campus Safety team!
Part-time 2:45 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. or 3:45 p.m. to 12:15 a.m., 32 hours bi-weekly
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool.
- Access to our employee health center- Meadowview Health. Which provides vaccinations, physicals, wellness/sick visits, and can act as a primary care provider to ALL full and part time staff regardless of their health insurance plans
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma/GED or demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing skills required.
- Maintains current valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
- Has and maintains current CPR certification or willingness to obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Certification in OC Pepper Spray, expandable baton, and handcuffing or willingness to obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Willingness to carry and use if necessary, less-than-lethal weapons to ensure the safety of residents and team members.
- Displays evidence of aptitude, training or experience in basic areas of general facility maintenance and security.
- Able to work independently, well-organized, and can multi-task.
- Demonstrates a pleasant personality with flexibility and adaptability for frequent interruptions.
- Proficient in use of computer and related technology required for the role.
Position Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Carries out maintenance, custodial and security duties per schedule.
- Works closely with the Campus Supervisor to resolve maintenance and security problems, and is available for emergencies or unusual situations.
- Monitors and operates cctv system and door security software.
- Responds to fire alarms, investigates and carries out duties assigned in resetting alarms, and completes related documentation.
- Dispatches appropriate team members in emergency situations.
- Provides primary telephone answering coverage at the main switchboard for Landis Homes during evening, night and weekend hours. Answers general questions and redirects calls as appropriate.
- Greets and assists visitors, answers general inquiries and directs them to the appropriate location/office.
- Utilizes a pleasant, clear and positive voice and disposition in creating an atmosphere of warmth, efficiency and confidence to all persons in the community, even under pressure.
- Reports needed facility repairs to the appropriate person.
- Performs general maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
- Adheres to compliance policies regarding confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and resident and client rights.
Apply to join our team today!
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.