Cook at Landis Homes PRN
PRN Varied Shifts
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool
- Work in a five-star facility
- Flexible hours
Cook Essential Responsibilities
- Assists with routine meal preparation and special function/event food preparation and service.
- Generally assigned to advance prep tasks, breakfast or supper cooking or to assist Cook Level 2 with dinner meal or special food preparation.
- Safely and efficiently operates ovens, broilers, steamers, choppers, slicers, mixers, fryers, kettles, skillets, and other food preparation/production equipment.
- Works independently in performing various meal preparation tasks according to production needs, written procedures and provided recipes.
- Prepares hot and cold food.
- Completes and records food temperature checks at each meal. Tastes all food items prepared for palatability and customer satisfaction.
Cook Essential Duties
- Serves food and beverages according to Landis Homes and Lifestyles standards.
- Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
- Receives, dates, and stores vendor delivered food supplies according to written procedures for handling and storage.
- Demonstrates safe food handling techniques.
- Promotes sanitary and safe environment.
- Cooperates with team members of other departments in performing job duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Is Serv Safe Certified or working toward certification within 9 months of hire.
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.