Life Enrichment Assistant in Healthcare
Plans, leads and assists in recreational activities, including large and small groups, special events and one-to-one visits. Serves as an active participant in the household model for Healthcare.
- Shifts starting at 1 p.m. and ending by 9 p.m. includes every Sunday, 72 hours bi-weekly.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma/GED or demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing skills required.
- Prior experience in related role preferred.
- Prior experience in long term care facility preferred.
- Proficient in use of computer and related technology required for the role.
This full-time Life Enrichment position would be eligible for fantastic benefits! This includes first-day employment benefits such as medical, dental, vision, & life insurance. We also offer full-time workers vacation time available at 3 months of employment and it accrues on a bi-weekly basis! We have a staff medical clinic that offers physicals, wellness/sick visits, vaccinations, and can act as a primary care provider at no cost to our staff. If this sounds like the right home care opportunity for you, apply today!
Position Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Possesses good verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Assists with planning and carrying out activities for residents in the Healthcare houses in collaboration with other household team members.
- Assists in charting resident activity in the house. Completes MDS/QR interviews and paperwork for new admissions, follow-up assessments, and progress notes, as directed by RNAC.
- Works with other Life Enrichment Assistants and household team to develop new programs and activities that may interest residents.
- Leads or assists in therapeutic recreational activities.
- Assists with serving meals as needed, with dining for those residents who are unable to eat independently.
- Escorts residents in wheelchairs to and from activities, and occasionally escorts family members living in another household to visit resident in the household.
- Relates well with residents, clients, family members, staff and the community.
- Works alongside and directs volunteers assigned to the Life Enrichment department.
- Joins with other team members in performing household functions
- Views the care setting as the resident's home and works to create attributes of home.
- Responds to resident call bells and alarms and supports the residents within their scope of practice.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan meetings for assigned house, as needed.
- Participates in planning monthly calendar.
- Is acquainted with the scope of all house programs in order to cover absence of other Life Enrichment Assistants.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
Apply to join our team today!