Cook at Landis Homes Part-Time
Part-Time Varied Shifts
- 24-64 hours bi-weekly
You pick what best works for your schedule!
- Available for 48-64 Hours Bi-Weekly: First Day Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool
- Access to our employee health center- Meadowview Health. Which provides vaccinations, physicals, wellness/sick visits, and can act as a primary care provider to ALL full and part time staff regardless of their health insurance plans.
Cook Essential Responsibilities
- Assists with routine meal preparation and special function/event food preparation and service.
- Generally assigned to advance prep tasks, breakfast or supper cooking or to assist Cook Level 2 with dinner meal or special food preparation.
- Safely and efficiently operates ovens, broilers, steamers, choppers, slicers, mixers, fryers, kettles, skillets, and other food preparation/production equipment.
- Works independently in performing various meal preparation tasks according to production needs, written procedures and provided recipes.
- Prepares hot and cold food.
- Completes and records food temperature checks at each meal. Tastes all food items prepared for palatability and customer satisfaction.
Cook Essential Duties
- Serves food and beverages according to Landis Homes and Lifestyles standards.
- Completes preparation records and stores food items properly at close of meal service.
- Receives, dates, and stores vendor delivered food supplies according to written procedures for handling and storage.
- Demonstrates safe food handling techniques.
- Promotes sanitary and safe environment.
- Cooperates with team members of other departments in performing job duties.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Is Serv Safe Certified or working toward certification within 9 months of hire.
- COVID-19 Vaccination exemption requests considered