Director of Advancement at Landis Communities
Full-time - salaried
- First Day Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Access to our state-of-the-art Wellness Center and pool
- FREE access to our employee health center- Meadowview Health. Which provides vaccinations, physicals, wellness/sick visits, and can act as a primary care provider to most full and part time staff regardless of their health insurance plans.
Position Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Directs the overall Advancement program. Meets regularly with all team members to monitor and advance their work to achieve individual and collective goals.
- Develops, administers and directs approved fundraising initiatives that support the Advancement goal to increase controllable income as defined in department goals.
- Oversees major gifts program. Cultivates and secures major gifts.
- Develops and implements donor cultivation strategies for increased giving.
- Develops and maintains personal relationships with constituents and encourages financial support of Landis Homes/Landis Communities programs. Cultivates relationships with friends and significant donors of Landis Homes/Landis Communities by conducting a minimum of five meaningful connections per week.
- Oversees donor communications to ensure clear and consistent messages to ask, thank and report to donors.
- Monitors results of fundraising initiatives and adjusts plans as needed.
- Explains planned giving opportunities to constituents and invites support through planned gifts.
- Promotes deferred giving plans that provide for the long-range financial security of the Landis Communities by increasing the number of known gifts through wills and CGA's.
- Participates in long-range planning for future fundraising activity to increase effective communications with constituents.
- Researches grant opportunities, assists with writing application, and cultivates foundation leadership.
- Coordinates donor appreciation events.
- Maintains working relationships with deferred gift administrators, including Everence, to ensure donor needs are properly met.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Prior experience in related field required.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Good verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledgeable of deferred giving options.
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.