Life Enrichment Assistant in Personal Care
- Primarily day shift, includes every other weekend, 72 hours bi-weekly
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma/GED or demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing skills required.
- Prior experience in related role preferred.
- Prior experience in long term care facility preferred.
- Proficient in use of computer and related technology required for the role.
This full-time Life Enrichment position would be eligible for fantastic benefits! This includes first-day employment benefits such as medical, dental, vision, & life insurance. We also offer full-time workers vacation time available at 3 months of employment and it accrues on a bi-weekly basis! We have a staff medical clinic that offers physicals, wellness/sick visits, vaccinations, and can act as a primary care provider at no cost to our staff. If this sounds like the right home care opportunity for you, apply today!
Position Essential Duties/ Responsibilities
- Possesses good verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Assists with planning and carrying out activities for residents in the Healthcare houses in collaboration with other household team members.
- Assists in charting resident activity in the house. Completes MDS/QR interviews and paperwork for new admissions, follow-up assessments, and progress notes, as directed by RNAC.
- Works with other Life Enrichment Assistants and household team to develop new programs and activities that may interest residents.
- Leads or assists in therapeutic recreational activities.
- Assists with serving meals as needed, with dining for those residents who are unable to eat independently.
- Escorts residents in wheelchairs to and from activities, and occasionally escorts family members living in another household to visit resident in the household.
- Relates well with residents, clients, family members, staff and the community.
- Works alongside and directs volunteers assigned to the Life Enrichment department.
- Joins with other team members in performing household functions
- Views the care setting as the resident's home and works to create attributes of home.
- Responds to resident call bells and alarms and supports the residents within their scope of practice.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care plan meetings for assigned house, as needed.
- Participates in planning monthly calendar.
- Is acquainted with the scope of all house programs in order to cover absence of other Life Enrichment Assistants.
- Demonstrates dependability, competence, accuracy and is observant.
Apply to join our team today!
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.