Swimming Pool Assistant
PRN - As Needed/as available
- Free access to our state of the art Wellness Center and pool!
Position Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining a program of aquatic exercises and activities that promote positive physical, social and psychological benefits for residents, clients and community persons who use the pool.
- Assists in providing a variety of individual and group activities, including special events.
- Uses gentle, caring approach to encourage residents in using the pool and exercise programs, demonstrating familiarity with traditions, questions and fears that accompany the elderly.
- Assists with orientation to the pool for new pool participants. Inputs enrollment information as needed.
- Assists with pool maintenance, cleaning and water testing to help ensure a safe environment for swimmers.
- Shows competence in safely navigating the mechanical pump room.
- Demonstrates the ability to safely open and close the pool independently.
- Participates in continuing education programs regarding aquatics, exercises and geriatrics.
- Works alongside and directs volunteers assigned to the Life Enrichment department.
- Substitutes for other lifeguards or certified attendants when needed.
- Takes turn staffing the monthly staff swim and special events outside of regular hours.
- Assists with occasional departmental activities as requested by the Wellness Coordinator, Wellness Manager or Director of Life Enrichment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma/GED or demonstrated proficiency in reading and writing skills required.
- Has and maintains Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Attendant certification.
- Has and maintains First Aid certification.
- Has and maintains current CPR certification.
Landis Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.